- Jongchan Lee (이종찬)
- Tel : +82-2-820-5202
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homepage : http://www.cauchem.com
B.S. in Chemistry, Chung-Ang University, Korea
M.S. Korea University, Korea
Ph.D. Texas Tech University, USA
Development of Green Organic Synthetic Methodologies.
- Organic Synthesis on Water.
- Solvent-Free Organic Reactions.
- Use of Polyethylene Glycols in Organic Transformations.
- Organic Synthesis in Ionic Liquids.
- Microwave Promoted Organic Synthesis.
The central theme of Professor Lee’s research program is development of environmentally friendly organic synthetic methods. Various green reaction media, such as water, ethylene glycol, polyethylene glycols will be examined for the important organic transformations. Currently attention is focused upon the use of water in organic reactions. Using the concept of ‘on water’ conditions a variety of greener organic methods with practical importance in industry and academia will be developed.
- “Synthesis of 2-substiuted 4,5-diphenyloxazoles under solvent-free microwave irradiation conditions” Jong Chan Lee, Jang-Woo Seo, and Jong Wook Baek, Synthetic Communicatons, 37, 2159 (2007).
- Oxidation of benzylic alcohols with urea-hydrogen peroxide and catalytic magnesium bromide, Hee Joong Park and Jong Chan Lee, to be submitted to Synlett, 79 (2009)
- Efficient oxidation of benzylic alcohols with trichloroisocynuric acid and ionic liquid in water, Jong Chan Lee, Jimi Kim, Seung Bae Lee, Soon-Wook Chang, Yeon Jin Jeong, Synthetic Communicatons, 1947 (2011)
- “Aerobic oxidation of benzylic alcohols with nitric acid/copper(II) bromide in ionic liquid” Chae Mi Lim, Sujeong Ha, Jong Chan Lee, Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society, 33, 12, 4258 (2012)
- Efficient oxidation of benzylic alcohols with sodium perborate in aqueous polyethylene glycol, Mikyung Han, Ku Sun Jeong, Jong Chan Lee, Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society, 33, 7, 2405 (2012).