- Hong Seong Kwan (공광훈)
- Tel : +82-2-820-5923
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Homepage : http://bmcl.cau.ac.kr/
2001 B.S. in Biochemistry, Chung-Ang University, Korea
2003 M.S. in Biochemistry, Chung-Ang University, Korea
2008 Ph.D. in Biochemistry, The University of Georgia, USA
1993.01. - Professor in Chemistry, Chung-Ang University, Korea
2003.01. - Consulting Committee of National Institute of Scientific Investigation, Korea
2005.02. - Consulting Committee of Korea food & drug administration, Korea
2003.01. - The director of Korean society of forensic science, Korea
- Research on the biochemical properties and manufacture of sweet-tasting protein, brazzein by recombinant technology
- Development of the high-stable brazzein variants that have strong sweetness by protein engineering
- Studies on the structure and the sweetness between sweet-tasting protein and T1R2-T1R3 receptor
- Application : New low-calorie sweetener for well-being and diabetics
- Studies on the relationship between structure and functions of human tyrosinase by protein engineering
- Development of whitening agents from natural materials
- Application : Development of a kit for the screening of whitening material and drugs for treatment of white hair and albino patient.
- Studies on the relationship between structure and functions of glutathione S-transferase by protein engineering
- Research on the detoxification of herbicide and detoxification mechanism of plants.
- Application : Development anti-cancer drug and plants-specific herbicide. Biosynthesis of useful materials meditated glutathione.
- Research on aging mechanism by telomerase
- Study on the relationship between structure and functions of human telomerase by protein engineering
- Study on protein delivery system for skin anti-aging agents
- Application : Development of anti-cancer drug and skin anti-aging agent
- Study on the relationship between structure and functions of hydrogenase by protein engineering
- Development of high thermostable and low oxygen-sensitive hydrogenase by using site-directed mutagenesis
- Application : Hydrogen fuel cell
- Screening of ligno-cellulosic hydrolase and construction of recombinant expression system
- Study on the relationship between structure and functions of agarase by protein engineering
- Application : Bio-Alcohol Production
- An efficient method for the expression and reconstitution of thermostable Mn/Fe superoxide dismutase from Aeropyrum pernix K1. Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology 20(4), 727-731 (2010).
- A plant-specific tau class glutathione S-transferase from Oryza sativa with high activity against 1-chloro-2,4-dinitrobenzene and chloroacetanilide herbicides. Pesticide Biochemistry & Physiology, 101, 265-269 (2011).
- Residue mutations in the sweetness loops for the sweet-tasting protein brazzein. Food Chemistry, 129, 1327-1330 (2011).
- Deletion mutational mapping of the catalytic activities of human tyrosinase. Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society, 33, 3099-3102 (2012).
- Multiple mutations of the critical amino acid residues for the sweetness of the sweet-tasting protein, brazzein. Food Chemistry, 138, 1370-1373 (2013).